April 03, 2017

Dijon market has been a Burgundy institution since time immemorial.  From 1876 it has been housed in Les Halles, a large covered edifice, the design of which may or may not owe something to Dijon native Gustav Eiffel (of ‘the Tower’ fame).  Les Halles is in the centre of the city, next to the old quarter, and within shouting distance of the ancient church Notre Dame de Dijon, with its magnificent 13c clock brought back from Kortrijk in Belgium by Philip the Bold in 1382.



Also in French Food and Wine Blog

Natural Wine
Natural Wine

April 12, 2017

Continue Reading

Burgundy Mustard
Burgundy Mustard

April 10, 2017

Continue Reading

Cork Screws from Thiers
Cork Screws from Thiers

March 22, 2017

Continue Reading